Will parks and plazas beckon residents to the waterfront?
Can recreation coexist with industry?
See our special report on the Harlem River’s past, present and future.
On the calendar
- Events on October 16, 2014Dancing In My Cockroach KillersStarts: 9:00 pmEnds: October 16, 2014 - 10:00 pmLocation: Pregones Theater, 571-575 Walton Avenue The Bronx, NY 10451Description: Admission: $15 to 24. The Pregones Theater presents a limited...
- Events on October 18, 2014Before Hip Hop There Was Doo Wop: A Celebration of Morris High SchoolStarts: 7:00 pmEnds: October 18, 2014 - 9:00 pmLocation: Bronx Music Heritage Center Laboratory, 1303 Louis 9 Blvd, New York, NY, United StatesDescription: Admission: free and open to the public. Morris High School’s...
- Events on October 19, 2014The Senegal St. Joseph Gospel ChoirStarts: 5:00 pmEnds: October 19, 2014 - 7:00 pmLocation: Lehman Center for the Performing Arts, 250 Bedford Park Blvd W, Bronx, NY, United StatesDescription: Admission: tickets range from $15 to $25. The Lehman Center...
- Events on October 21, 2014Concert: Hilliard Greene and the Jazz ExpressionsStarts: 8:00 pmEnds: October 21, 2014 - 10:00 pmLocation: Bronx Music Heritage Center Laboratory, 1303 Louis 9 Blvd, New York, NY, United StatesDescription: Admission: free and open to the public. The BMHC is...
- Events on October 24, 20141040 Lounge: Be More Social: Using New Media to Build AudienceStarts: 7:30 pmEnds: October 24, 2014 - 10:30 pmLocation: Bronx Museum of the Arts, 1040 Grand Concourse, Bronx, NY, United StatesDescription: Admission: free, with a bar; donations are suggested. Social media...
Archive for "Historic Districts Council"
Two advocacy organizations have teamed up in an effort to create recreational space on the East River in the shadow of towering cranes that are a survival of the time when ferries carried passengers to the islands off the Bronx mainland.